From basic questions to more complicated issues, we hope to provide the answer. We have several categories for questions, simply click one to see the FAQs.
Don’t see your question? Contact us and we will consider adding your question to our list. You can also visit our News page for original articles about community association life.
Other Resources For Homeowners
Whether you are looking for information on municipal services, property taxes or general tips for community living, there’s bound to be assistance available online. If you don’t see what you’re looking for below, feel free to contact us for additional resources.
Illinois State Laws
- Condominium Property Act is the law that governs condominium associations in Illinois.
- Common Interest Community Association Act is the law that governs townhome and homeowner associations in Illinois.
- General Not for Profit Corporation Act is an additional law that governs not-for-profit corporations in Illinois.
- City of Chicago website for information about city government and services, including an online 311 request form.
- Cook County Treasurer’s office for information about property tax bills, including due dates, payments and exemptions.
- Cook County Assessor’s office for information on property value assessments and appeals.
- Community Associations Institute – Illinois Chapter for information, magazine articles and additional resources related to community association living.
- Community Associations Institute for national issues of importance to community association members.
- Association of Condominium, Townhouse and Homeowner Associations for newsletters, information and other resources related to community association living.
News and Information
- The Chicagoland Cooperator for local news and information about condo, HOA and co-op communities
- MCD Media publisher of CondoLifestyles, Buildings & Environment and The Landscape Buyer